Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, May 16, 2016

The final email!!


1-2: Goodbye Waterford Lakes
3: What's up Kissimmee!?
4: trio life!
5: the fam!
6: rat catchers. Check out that tail!!
7: Brother Moore
8: the Trifecta!








Friends and Family,

This week has been awesome. Honestly, it was great to be here in
Kissimmee. It was  area for the final whistle to blow of my mission.
My two comps are studs too, Elder Gentry and Elder Hawkins. I'm sad I
only have a few more days to serve with these fellas, but I love these
guys! This past week, I made sure to give my all in loving the people,
and having s great time while doing it!

We had a lot of fun biking around the city of Kissimmee, talking with
hood rats, and doing the Lords work! I'm definitely going to miss it,
but we'll talk about that later!
We saw a lot of success this week working with some less active
members and talked to them about getting to church. We found a couple
of fun new investigators this week as well, but I'll talk about a
couple of people I met this week!

There's this awesome family named the Zapata's. The moms name is
Bonnie and she's a champ! She has 5 kids and living in what you can
call a poverty stricken location in the community. It's a one bedroom,
one bath, run down home that is in a sketch area of town. I'm talking
stray dogs, ant hills, and ReggĂ tone bumpin' from each house on the
block. Two of the five kids are baptized and we are working with the
others to make that covenant as well!
I spent a good minute in Sacrament Meeting losing in games of
tick-tac-toe with Bonnie's son  "C-lo" who's 5 years old. This kid is
awesome and we were instantly buddies!

*Quote of the Week*
This quote belongs to what could have been my favorite Bishop on my
mission. He's here in the Kissimmee ward, and he had a WWE RAW,
SMACKDOWN, PILE-DRIVE, KILLA quote in Ward Council. We were debating
on giving assignments or just having it done by volunteers. This was
about 15 minutes in, and everyone was getting frustrated...
Relief Society President - "The sisters feel that the church shouldn't
be run by assignment, it should all be volunteer..."
*awkward silence...*
Bishop Gooch slowly leans back in his chair
"Well... Jesus said get baptized or you're damned."

Another funny story that happened is Elder Gentry lost in "What Are
the Odds?" And had to tell this joke to one of the cute Sister
Missionaries in the ward...
Elder Gentry- *knock knock*
Sister Missionary - *who's there?*
Elder Gentry *you smell like mipe*  (It's a made up word)
Sister Missionary - *you smell like mipe who?" (Sounds like my poo!)
We then started laughing way hard and the Sister Missionary really
wasn't too sure what to do... Hahah serving in trio's are the best! So
much fun!!

Another fun story this week is about a less active member named
Daniel! He told us that recently he's been hearing the sound of rats
running through his trailer in the middle of the night and he's
worried one will bite him and give him rabies... My initial reaction
was, "I'm out and let's burn this place down." Instead, we set some
traps around the trailer and hoped for the best! Keep in mind, Daniel
is about 425 pounds with gout in both legs, and has a grand total of 3
teeth. To move forward, Daniel called us at 2 AM on Friday night
letting us know we caught a little buddy, and we were in charge of
setting him free away from his trailer. We felt like champions!!

There are some pretty awesome people I've met out here on my mission!
A couple of members in the Waterford Lakes was came down to Kissimmee
and took us out to get some ice cream, and bought me some new "Stance"
socks! They're awesome! Also, Rick Roman is coming down to Kissimmee
tonight for one last dinner. This guy is the man! I'm trying to
convince him to move out to St. George, and he's thinking about it, so
we will see what happens :)

On Wednesday, there are a few missionaries in this Zone who have the
opportunity to go and do service for a place called "Give Kids The
World" here in Kissimmee. When my little sister Abby had a heart
transplant a few years ago, our family was blessed with the
opportunity to then have a "Make A Wish." Abby chose to come down
Disney and spend some time here. Make A Wish played a vital role in
order to make that wish happen. I'm grateful for the opportunity I'll
have on Wednesday to go be a volunteer at this organization and give
back to this company and serve them after all they did for me and my
family.

Well, here we are. Man... The final 4 days of my mission! Where to
even begin...
First off, I just want to thank all of those for the support I've
received out here. All of you are awesome, and I appreciate the time
and effort put forth in order to make these past two years an even
better experience for me. Thank you, and I love you guys. I've had the
time of my life out here, and can say the F.O.M has to be the promised
land. The people I've met out here are awesome and have changed me for
the better. I love the people I've met on my mission... My companions,
Recent Converts, and other Ward Members. I'll miss the people here. I
know I'll miss The Lords work. I'll really miss it. But I'm grateful
for the chance I've have to serve.
I could talk for days on end about the things I've learned here in
Florida, and who I have become. I have learned and gained a testimony
of the little aspects of the Gospel, and how they make the biggest
differences in our lives. Growing up in the church, I heard a lot that
going on a mission would be the best decision I would ever make, and
to be honest I doubted it. I thought I was happy and pretty content
with how life was going. With my mission wrapping up, I fully believe
that serving a mission has hands down, been the greatest decision I've
made. I now understand what true and eternal happiness is, and how to
experience it. I now know how much potential we all have as children
of God, and He rejoices when we make the right choices. I know that
the Church is here today because there was once a 14 year old boy
named Joseph Smith who decided to say a humble prayer to know what
church as true and this is the result. And most importantly, I  know
that we have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who is our Redeemer, and He loves
and cares about us, and I know he would do it all again for us at any
moment. I'm so grateful for these past two years, and who I've become.
It's hard to take this next step forward to say goodbye to the people
of Florida. I love it here, and I love the work that I'm doing. It's
really going to be tough to say goodbye. But... I  know that it's
necessary and I'm excited for what's to come in life! I'm looking
forward to seeing all of you soon, and having some more great times!
Thanks again! I'll see you soon!!
Much Love,
- Elder Doman

My favorite scripture...
Alma 26:12
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore
I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we
have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 29:9
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do
not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded
me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in
the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my
joy."

*** My homecoming is going to be this Sunday, the 22nd! I'd love to
see you if you're able to make it! It starts at 1:00 in the afternoon,
and the address is
675 Desert Hills Dr
St. George, UT 84790


No comments:

Post a Comment