Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, November 17, 2014

"I really am doing good though. I'm happy, safe, and making changes in people that will change their lives forever. It's pretty awesome."

I got an email this week from a member of the young single adult ward that Brock is serving in right now.  She wanted to tell me all about the decision she just made to go on a mission and how Brock was such an influential part of the decision.  I wanted to share the last paragraph of her letter with you.  It’s obvious to me, in so many ways, that Brock is exactly where he’s supposed to be right now.  Here’s what she had to say, I’m so excited for her to start her mission:

“Then Tuesday rolled along. It was transfer day for the missionaries. We had planned our weekly meal with the elders for that evening. When Elder Fullmer and Elder Albin showed up with their new companion I thought, "oh he seems nice". And I remember as clear as day, as we sat in the living room for a special message on the temple, this new Elder, Elder Doman, stared bearing his testimony and I was overcome with a feeling of complete calm and joy. Instantly I knew that I had made the right decision! I got so excited, I looked at this Elder and I knew I wanted to do what he was doing and I had no doubt anymore! There was something about about him that I could relate to and it touched my heart. For me that moment changed my life. I knew that The Lord answered my prayer, but it was in His time and in His way. I was more perceptive to the pure and brilliant testimony of this young Elder than I would have been to anyone or anything else.  Its true when they say Satan will do all in his power to stop someone from going on a mission. Your son and his companion have helped me through multiple trials since putting in my papers, and I'm sure he doesn't even realize! As I have prepared to go on a mission and especially to go through the temple (which I will be doing on the 25th of this month!) they have helped me some much! The Lord places people in our lives for a reason, and he uses his children as His hands to answer prayers! I am so thankful for your son and for the amazing missionary he is and the sincerity of who he is and what the gospel means to him, he is changing lives! Mine included!”

How great is that?  I absolutely love to hear stories about how Brock is changing the lives of the people he comes in contact with.

Brock’s weekly email: 

Friends and Family,

 Man, what a great week we had here! We are working our hardest each and every day, and let me tell ya, we are definitely seeing the fruits of our labors! I love working hard and staying busy. This transfer will be a good one! This week has been one of the most rewarding weeks of my mission! We saw blessing after blessing and were so grateful to recognize the hand of the Lord. So, here are some details about this week!

Tuesday- There was a training for all of the YSA missionaries. This meeting helped us out so much! It's a different type of work in YSA areas, so it was nice to get some advice from President Berry and the Assistants. That took up a lot of our day, but we felt like it was very beneficial. Also, we talked a little bit more about how we are basically switching areas with the Sister Missionaries serving in the Buena Vista YSA area. This has been a challenging week trying to get familiar with half of a Zone that we were never in. We know that if we keep praying for guidance and assistance, everything will work out the way it should! Later Tuesday night we received a call from a member of the ward informing us that his Mission Call had arrived! He wanted to talk to us and have us share our experience when we opened "The Call." He is going to Milan, Italy! It was so cool to watch another member of this ward open a mission call! 

Wednedsay- We met with Liz and talked a little bit more about her baptism! She is still very grateful and excited about the future! She can't wait until she can go through the Temple! After our appointment with Liz, we met with an Investigator and set a baptismal date with him. Woohoo! Wednesday evening we went up and tried to familiarize ourselves with the area and get to know some of the local YSA members. 

Thursday- Ah man, Thursday was a little bit of a struggle. We had scheduled solid appointments through out the day, but all of them fell through at the last minute. It was pretty upsetting, but we were able to go out and talk to some more people about Jesus Christ! We did a lot of finding, but also had a good time while doing it! We were blessed Thursday night with another phone call. It was the same member calling us who had just received his Mission Call on Tuesday. We picked up the phone and started talking to him when he said he just went through the Temple and wanted us to come talk with him about his experience! This was an amazing experience to do. This member is a convert of 2 years and is about to serve a mission, and just went through the Temple. Wow, how cool is that?

Friday- We met with a different investigator and set a baptismal date with him too! He feels like now is the right time for him ,and thinks it is what Heavenly Father would want him to do too! Woohoo! After that, we met with the other investigator with a baptismal date and he just kept repeating "I'm so ready to be baptized." haha  he's an awesome guy. I'm so excited for him! We were blessed again Friday night, yes with another phone call! This time it was from the Elders serving in the Olympia ward. They informed us that they met with a guy who was baptized down in Miami, then moved right after the baptism before he was confirmed a member. We get to go through all of the lessons with him, they we have the privilege to baptize and confirm him! Such a blessing!

Saturday- We did a lot of finding and tried to get familiar with the new areas. Nothing too crazy happened, a lot of contacting!

Sunday- We met with an investigator after church and talked with him more about his baptismal date! He is so pumped! At night sacrament, there was a member that showed up with a friend who was a non member! We talked to him for a little bit before and he is really interested in Jesus Christ. We set up a return appointment for later on in the week, and can't wait to get to know him.

This week was fantastic. I loved it. It's been one of the greatest weeks of my mission. It's hard to see the Christmas lights starting to come up around Disney and not being home for the holidays, but I know the work I am doing right now is changing others around me for the better, and that makes it totally worth it. I hope everyone has a safe week, and enjoys the cold weather! Let me tell ya, Florida really is the "Sunshine State." They keep telling me the holiday season goes by fast on a mission, and I'm starting to believe them! 

Much love,


Elder Doman

Brock and Elder Potter


No comments:

Post a Comment