Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, December 15, 2014

This week Brock is already 1/4 of the way through his mission!! It went so fast, but so slow too.

I think Brock had a stressful week this week, lots of distractions and other things going on.  I think he’ll be ready for Christmas to be over and to be back into a regular routine again.  This is what he had to say to me:

Hey Mom! 
Another week here in the books.... hahah I think I say that just about every week.  (He does say it, every single week J) Things are going good, but just crazy. I'm honestly not one to like change. I like to get into a rhythm, and just work my tail off doing the same thing over and over again.  I think that is why I was successful at football. If someone tells me what to do, I’ll do it until it' s finished. But with a mission, it’s like, do what you want and what you think is best, and that is pretty hard for me. I guess that is something I need to learn out here, to be confident in myself, and know how to rely on the spirit in order to direct my path. It's good that I am learning this on a mission. I'm grateful for this time I have to learn how to trust the spirit, and to put confidence in myself as well.

This week has just been stressful. We are moving apartments, It’s Elder Potter's last week, I’ll get a new companion tomorrow, ah, it’s just kind of stressful. I just need to realize that what ever happens, happens. I just need to go with the flow and love life! I still am happy, it’s just been kind of stressful.

Last week, for P-day, they went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, he sent some pictures.




Here’s his mass email this week:

Hey Guys, this week has been a good one! We have been able to see a lot of success and had a good time while doing it! I don't have too much time this week, so it will have to be kind of a quick email! Elder Potter is going home Wednesday, so we want to go and visit some members to say goodbye! 

Tuesday- We got a call Tuesday afternoon after Temple service, and the senior couples in the mission home told us we need to pack up our apartment because we are going to be moving! AH! crazy. So along with packing our own personal belongings for transfers, we get to box up, and deep clean the apartment for the move! It was hard to make time for this through out the week, but luckily we were able to get it all packed up and ready to move after the transfer meeting!

Wednesday- Elder Potter had his departing exit interview and it was fun to watch him be excited to see his family next week! While he was in his interview with the mission president, I was able to help the senior couples organize all of the Christmas packages coming in for the missionaries! I almost felt like one of Santa's Elfves organizing all of the presents and taking them where they need to go! hahah, it was pretty funny. Wednesday night for Night Games we had a big S’mores cook off and had it Christmas themed! There were a lot of non members there and it was great to have them come out to a low key environment.  The Buena Vista sister missionaries thought they would be funny if they got Elder Potter and I a Harry Potter Tie. It was great until they were children ties... haha it looked pretty small on me!


Thursday- We were able to teach a lot Thursday! Cineus was able to meet with us again, and we were able to talk about how his life has been different since he has been baptized. His cousin just so happened to be home the same time we were over! She really liked what Cineus had to say and wanted that same change in her life! We testified of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, and how it has changed our lives. Cineus then bore his testimony too, and he started to tear up. The Spirit is so cool. Man, previously he hasn't shown too much emotion and just agreed with us. He has been pretty quiet while he was going through the process, but once he bore testimony to his cousin, it's like all of his emotions started to pour out. Definitely a moment I won't forget.

Friday- I had a long weekly planning while Elder Potter called some of his recent converts in his last areas. It was a pretty long day, but we had a great dinner with a member and shared the video "He is The Gift." The church put out a great video for this Christmas season! 

Saturday- Saturday was a weird day! We had to finish packing up our apartment and we spent some of the day cleaning! We wanted to get it all done for Sunday, so we could spend Elder Potter's last day doing actual missionary work. 

Sunday- Church was great on Sunday! The lessons were all focused on The Savior. The spirit was so strong through out the service. It was one of the few times I've teared up during a sacrament meeting. I love the change I am seeing in myself. I am learning to rely and listen to the promptings of the spirit. I love this opportunity to serve. I say it a lot, but I mean it every time. Things are going great. I hope everyone has a great week before CHRISTMAS! 

Much love,
Elder Doman



D and C 6:20- Behold, I am God; give heed unto my word, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of both joints and marrow; therefore give heed unto my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment