Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Goodbye Buena Vista! New area, new companion, and new duties (district leader) starting tomorrow!

Brock sounded great to me this week!  He seems totally happy and excited to become the district leader.  Brock has always loved being a leader, it’s something he does well.  I know he’s going to miss Buena Vista so much, he has absolutely loved serving there!  He’s met so many good people and was lucky to have lots of success.  I guess it’s time for something new.  The week after transfers is the hardest for me because I don’t where he is or what he’s doing.  I’ve been lucky,  this is only his 2nd area in 6 months, it causes me lots of anxiety!!!

Here’s a picture I found on mission blog this week.  It's never hard to pick out Brock!



Friends and Family,

It was a great week here in Buena Vista! Unfortunately, this will be my last week serving in the Buena Vista YSA Ward. I have made some amazing friends here. Friends that I won't just see here, but also in the life to come, Eternal Friendships.  I have seen 3 members leave for there missions, and 2 others receive their calls. It's been so great to see the Lord's work hastening. It has been a blast serving in a ward that is so missionary minded. I was blessed to be able to serve here for 3 transfers! So that is the sad news, but the good news is that President Berry has asked me to be a District Leader and to finish training a new missionary!  This experience will help me continue to grow in the gospel, and build my testimony. I am sad to leave Buena Vista, and Elder Peay. This last transfer has been my favorite. I've learned so much from Elder Peay, and had the best time while doing it. It's hard to go, but I know that the Lord needs me somewhere else! 

This week we were able to see a lot of success. We went on two Temple tours with different investigators. Our investigator (Mike) loved it so much, as we walked around the temple grounds  he was videoing it on his phone so he could always look back and feel the sacredness of the Temple. It was hard saying goodbye to him as he is so close to baptism.  Mike and I had a great connection from day one. He is such a humble guy and has the strongest desire to figure out what God would have him do with his life. Such a cool guy! As we said our goodbyes yesterday after church, tears began to stream down his face. I couldn't have been happier for the guy. He is changing his life, and he has felt the spirit testify to him that the church is true. 

Picture 1- Mike and I at the Temple tour this week! Such a good kid

Picture 2- The gang! Me on the far left, then Cineus, then Mike, then Elder Peay!


Tuesday and Wednesday were a couple of interesting days! We went on exchanges with the zone Leaders Tuesday night, and everything was going great. We were getting ready to go to sleep and at about 10:30-10:45 we got a phone call from the Mission President, President Berry. We answered the phone and this is what we hear, "Elders, we have an emergency, I need you to meet me at the Stake Center in 20 minutes. There is and Elder that decided to go home, and I need you to help out the missionary that is staying." We went and picked up the missionary that was staying and we were in a trio for the rest of Tuesday night and all of Wednesday. It was quite the adventure to be in a trio again! This exchange was one of a kind! 3 Elders were working together that were serving in different wards. It was a blast! We had a teaching appointment every hour of the day from 10 AM until 8 PM. It was great! An awesome experience that happened to me this week. On exchanges I was in the Olympia Ward, and Elder Scott,  from the Quorum of the 12, his brother attends the Olympia ward and we were able to teach a lesson with him!! How awesome is that? I didn't dare ask for a picture with him, so I just snuck one in as we were driving! Check it out below!


Sunday morning comes around and I feel calm, peaceful, and ready to be uplifted at church! The service begins and the Bishop decided to pull a quick one on me and says, "To start off our meeting today, I'm going to ask Elder Doman to come up and talk for about 10 or 15 minutes about serving in this area and what his mission has done for him." Talk about a change of emotions! The Bishop and I have an awesome connection and I should have known it was coming! 

The next time you hear from me, I'll have a new companion, be serving in a new area, and have new responsibilities! I'm a little nervous, but I know that the Lord is here with me. I know he has given me this time to grow and also to help others around me grow as well. I'm humbled by this opportunity, and will continue to give all that I have to the Lord and this work! I love what I am going to be doing for the next 17 months of my life. I couldn't be happier.  The Church is true! Have a great week and stay happy!

Much Love
Elder Doman




One of my favorite members in the Buena Vista Ward! His name is Vita. One of the nicest guys I know!


No comments:

Post a Comment