Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Not much time to email, mostly just pictures!

Brock didn’t have a lot of time to write this week, but thankfully he wrote a little more to me so I wouldn’t’ go crazy worrying!  It sounds like his week was still good, but not as amazing as the week before.  Hopefully, next week, he’ll have more time to write more so we hear more about what he’s doing.

Mom,

Last week was pretty awesome, huh?! Definitely the best week of my
mission. I'm still loving it, and having a blast! This week was alright! It was like the ripple effect, the first ripple is the biggest (last week we found 5 new investigators) and then this week it started to decrease and some of those investigators are no longer interested. Do you know what I mean? On the same side though, It was cool to see some of these new people begin to read from the Book of Mormon! Still a pretty solid week though. Elder Peay and I get along great and work together well, so I don't really think there will be a "bad week" for the time we serve together.  Which hopefully is another 7 weeks! I'm definitely blessed to be serving here, and
know the time that I have here is precious. I'm doing my best and giving all that I can to the people here and the a Lord.

Transfer date is Tuesday, January 27th!  Then the next one will be Tuesday March 3rd! So they are every 6 weeks :) it seems like a long time, but when you think about it, it's pretty quick!

Well I better get going! Thanks so much for everything you do for me! 14 more fast Sundays. That's nothing!

Here's his mass email with pictures:

Friends and family,
Unfortunately this email is going to be a quick one! Elder Peay and I were invited to a different district’s P-day activity today! It was all great and we had a good time until an elder took the wrong turn home and we got kind of lost... We didn't have our GPS with us because we got a ride from the other elders. All In all, it was a crazy last 2 hours of P-day! What I'll do is upload some pictures this week with captions, and then have a bigger email next week. I'm sorry!

Picture 1-3: Funny story here... Apparently Australia has this spread called "vegemite" and it is probably the nastiest tasting topping in the world! I tried some a few weeks ago and I almost threw up! Elder Peay thinks it's alright so he thought he'd bring some along. Anyway, last P-day I was shooting some hoops and I thought I'd make a challenge with Elder Peay. I said, "Elder Peay, If I make a 3/4 court shot, I get to squeeze vegemite in your mouth at the end of District Meeting this week." He agreed to it, and here are the results...  and the pictures go in progression! I was laughing so hard at the end of it! Great memories!























Picture 4 and 5:  On Friday the missionaries were able to go through the Temple! It was incredible. It was nice to think about the Eternal Perspective of these people we're teaching and how awesome it is to spread the Gospel with them. I have a deep desire to go to the Temple as much as possible! I thought it would be fun to compare when I went to the Temple 6 month ago at the beginning of the mission with now!

This is when Brock arrived last June

This is last week! He looks so much skinnier!




 This was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had on my mission. After we went through the Temple on Friday, We met Cineus there that night. To go through the Temple, then to hear a recent convert, only one month, bear testimony of how important it is, and how strong his will is to get to the temple was pretty incredible. 


Picture 4 and 5- More pictures from mini-golf last week! 




Again, sorry for not giving an in depth update... I apologize and will do better next week!

Much love,

Elder Doman

No comments:

Post a Comment