Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, March 30, 2015

"No um ma pale Creole" ( I don't speak very much Creole!)

This week Brock wrote to me one of my favorite emails of his mission. It’s so fun to see how he’s progressing and growing while he’s in Florida.  He’s learning so much about himself too.

“Elder Wesemann is doing really good! He is starting to get the swing of things and up to the fast pace tempo which I like. I think that has really changed a lot about me on my mission. I feel like I am a lot more efficient and use my time more effectively. I can't stand waiting around and not doing much. I really enjoy a fast pace tempo to life, because you are able to accomplish a lot more.”

“Mom, it's just cool to see how the mission has changed me. Before my mission, Spiritually,  I had never done anything terribly wrong, and at the same time I hadn't ever had an extremely spiritual experience. I was just spiritually idol. not making any progress. Since I have been on my mission, I feel like my mind has changed. I honestly care about people and how they are doing. I care about their relationship with God, because I know how vital it is to endure through this life. I understand and have a love for the scriptures. I can't wait to exercise for 30 minutes, then spend a full hour engulfed in the Book of Mormon, or Preach My Gospel. Things have changed a little bit, right? Definitely a good change though!”






Friends and Family,

Somehow, the end of March is just a couple of days away and we find ourselves enduring the hot April sun again! Another busy, successful, learning-filled week happened here in Winter Park! Elder Wesemann and I saw some struggles as a lot of our investigators and their families were out of town for the Florida Spring Break. We continued pushing through knowing that better weeks were right around the corner. 


Monday:
 Elder Wesemann had a doctors appointment on Tuesday morning with one of the
Senior Couples 2 hours away from Winter Park! Elder Wesemann is doing great, and there is no need to worry! Because he would be gone for most of the day, I was informed to have a "sleepover" with another companionship in the District, and spend the day in a tri-panionship! It was a lot of fun and good laughs as we tried to contact people with all three of us together. Definitely had a good time! 

Tuesday
:Put in hard work with the Bumby West (Creole) Elders. You can basically say "No um ma pale Creole." (I don't speak very much creole) I tried saying this to a few people through out the day and all they did was cover their face with their hands and laugh! It was a good time, but we were also able to have some good lessons with their investigators! 

Wednesday:
 We had exchanges with the Bumby East Elders, and I was able to spend the day with Elder Conrad! I love being a District Leader as I am able to communicate and bond with a lot of different missionaries. We met with our investigator Tyrone and he is loving the Book of Mormon! he said he has received his answer from God that the Book is true, and his story is awesome. He said that Monday night, he finished up reading the Book of Mormon, then prayed and asked if it was true. He then went to the store to buy some sodas and as he was checking out the guy in front of him told Tyrone that he'd buy his sodas for him! Tyrone took it as an answer from God about the Book of Mormon! Hhaha! 

Thursday:
District Meeting! We thought it would be fun to wear our ugliest ties to District Meeting just for fun! Here is a picture of some ties! We did a lot of finding Thursday afternoon as we approach the Easter Holiday. 

Friday:
We had the Trainer Follow up meeting where we were able to ask questions to President Berry about how we can best help our "Sons" as they adjust to the missionary life. I was laughing as one of the elder’s questions was, "President Berry, my companion has gained 17 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I don't know how to tell him to stop eating so much." The trainers in the room all started to laugh and even the Mission President himself couldn't hold back from grinning. 
The meeting took up most of the day and the rest of the evening consisted of Weekly Planning! 

Saturday:
Another round of exchanges, but this time it was with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Cooper! If we rewind back a couple of transfers to my time serving with Elder Peay, Elder Cooper trained Elder Peay so we had a lot to talk and laugh about! We talked with and found some more people to teach! 

Sunday:
Tyrone was at church again which made our day! He has a solid baptismal date, and can't wait for it to happen. We went over and had a lesson with him Sunday evening and introduced us to his parents who sat in during the lesson! They both really liked the Plan of Salvation and they too want to learn more about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! What a miracle! 


The church has recently come out with another initiative called #BecauseHeLives. It is another video like #HeIsTheGift and #BecauseOfHim. It's a pretty inspiring video that is great for remembering the fact that our Savior, Jesus Christ continues to live and love all his brothers and sisters! I can't wait to listen to General Conference this weekend, and have a great Easter Weekend! 
Much Love,
Elder Doman

Alma 29:14-But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi.


No comments:

Post a Comment