Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Exchanges in Waterford Lakes and a blessing in the hospital


Friends and Family,

This week has been great! We had Elder Clarke from the 70 come down
and talk with our Mission yesterday, so our Preparation Day is today!
It was great to have a "spiritual giant" give us insight on how we can
move the work forward! This will be a shorter email because we had
Stake Conference and the meetings yesterday with Elder Clarke!
 
This is the picture Brock sent me Monday, with the title, "MConf" to let me know he was at a conference and he wouldn't be emailing me until Tuesday.  He knew that I'd panic if I didn't know!
Monday- I wrecked it hardcore on my bike Monday evening. Yeah it was
pretty embarrassing, but that's okay. I turned my head around to check
on Elder Wesemann, and I ran into a pothole on the sidewalk... Good
one Elder Doman, right?

Waterford Lakes
Tuesday- Exchanges with Elder Cooper! His area is awesome (Waterford
Lakes.) If I had to describe the location the only thing I could say
is... It is in the middle of nowhere. It was a nice break from the
busy city traffic to go see a different side of Florida. There are
hillbillies, cows, and trailer parks all over the place. If I ever
serve there, I'm afraid I'll come back with a good ol' country accent!


Wednesday- Wednesday entailed a lot of finding some less active
members. We met this one guy who has been less active for over 15
years! We began to talk with him and just see what happened. He
couldn't really explain why he went less active. He just did. It was
really sad to see him explain to us that he just feels he is too far
gone, and made too many poor choices in life. We testified of the
Atonement, and invited him out to Stake Conference this week!

Thursday- District Meeting and some lessons to investigators. We met
with Bob, and he is doing great! He continues to want to learn and be
a member of the church. We also met with a few other investigators who
we had to stop meeting with! We went on a Temple Tour with one of our
investigators who we unfortunately have to pass off to some other
missionaries because he lives outside of our area! There are some cool
Pictures below.












The view from the hospital
Friday- Finding, Teaching, and Weekly Planning. We finished up the
night by giving a blessing to someone at the new Florida Hospital!

Saturday- Two, two hour sessions of Stake Conference. The Less Active
we met with on Wednesday came to church! It was the first time in 15
years he's been inside a church building. What a big step back in time for
this man. We were also able to find a couple of really cool people to
teach!

Sunday- The General Session of Stake Conference was great! Later that
night, Elder Clarke was able to come and give a training to the
different Stakes in the mission and the Ward Councils!

Sorry this email was shorter this week! We have a lot to get done
today, and we are on the bikes! There's a lot of change happening in the
people we are talking with, but I feel the biggest change is happening
within me. I feel like I better understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know that he is real and lives today! I hope everyone has a great
Week and a happy Mothers Day!

Elder Doman


No comments:

Post a Comment