Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Skype and a great week with lots of new investigators!!

It was so great to Skype with Brock yesterday.  He sounds really good and happy, and it was so fun to see his face.  The next 7 months will go really fast, right?  We had a couple of Brock’s best friends over and he even got to Skype with his friend Ammon that’s serving in New Zealand.  He’s growing and learning so much on his mission, it’s awesome to listen to him talk because the growth is obvious.

Last week our bishop wrote to each of the missionaries in our ward and had them write a little bit about their moms.  For sacrament meeting on Sunday, he had a sibling of each of them read what was written, so Abby got up and read what Brock wrote about me. Of course I bawled, but at the same time, it was perfect.  I’m including on this email what Brock wrote because I think he’ll want to keep it with his missionary stuff.

  My mother... man! Where to even begin! It’s exceptionally hard for me to write a "quick paragraph" describing my mother, while I am on the other side of the country, away from her for the first time in my life. Some might call me a "momma's boy" and I couldn't be prouder of the title :) There isn't a stronger person I know than my mom. She has been through so much, and has shown me the perfect example of how to raise a family. She claims to always be the winner of card games, "Mario Party", and just about everything else in the world, and somehow, I'm now starting to believe it. There is a feeling when I'm at home with my family, that I have never felt anywhere else in the world, and that is because of my mom. My role model, my example, my mentor, and also, my friend. Whenever I've gone through adversity, my mom has been the one to pull me back up. Whether it was emotionally, physically, or spiritually, my mom has always been there.  I'm eternally grateful to be blessed with my mother. 

One thing my mom always has always said to me before football games, school, my Mission and other moments through out life  was "work hard, but remember to have fun!" I think this suits my mom perfectly. She is an excellent example of hard, diligent, work. Being a single mother raising 3 kids, who all claim that "they had to do the dishes last night." 
For those who do not know my mom, she is also one of the biggest goofballs I know! If you ever need a good laugh, just talk with my mom for a few minutes. A quick example to prove my point is when we went to Disneyland in 2011. Over the speakers, Disney announced they would be open an extra 2 hours that night. Now it wasn't the young children excited to ride the teacups another time, but it was my mom that shouted out-loud a big "YEEEESSS" for all around us to hear!

Today is your day mom. I love and miss you. I hope you have a Great Mothers Day!




Here’s Brock’s email from the week:

Friends and Family,


I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! It was great to Skype home
and see close friends and family! I had a good week here on my
mission, and am excited for these next few weeks to come. Elder Wesemann and I were blessed with a lot of teaching opportunities this
week, and cool miracles daily!

Tuesday-
Let me tell ya, Tuesday was a busy day! It felt like right as Pday
started, it was ending. From biking down to the library to email, to
going up to the store it just felt like there wasn't enough time in
the day to get everything accomplished! We finished up the night by
starting an exchange, and I was able to spend Tuesday night and
Wednesday with Elder Fontes again!

Wednesday-
As Elder Fontes and I were heading into an appointment, we stopped and
talked to this guy who said he met with missionaries in the past, and
would like to meet again! We told him we'd call him in an hour and
once we finished the appointment, we called him! It ends up, he had a
baptismal date previously, but wasn't ready to change! It was a
complete miracle, and we are excited to see him again tomorrow!

Thursday-
Thursday was not the best day for me. During exercises to start off
the day, I rolled my ankle pretty bad. It's been a rough couple weeks!
I fell of my bike last week, I rolled my ankle this week, so my body
isn't too happy! This week will be a lot better! We were able to go
see Tyrone Thursday night and we had a pretty cool lesson with him.
Last week, we gave him the homework to study about Joseph Smith, and
be prepared to teach us the Joseph Smit Story. He was thrilled with
the "homework assignment." After he taught us, we had to have a
celebration or an excuse to go next door to get some frozen yogurt!


Friday-
3 great experiences happened Friday!
1- We finished Weekly Planning
2- We had planned to go stop by a less active member of the church
Friday afternoon. When we arrived at the house, her and her 2 friends
were sitting out in the front porch waiting for us to show up to talk
to them about "How they can be saved" and they "wanted to find Jesus."
Both of them now have baptismal dates!
3- It was almost an identical situation as we knock on a returning
member of the church's door to find that her husband is going through
a hard time with life, and needed something that would make him
happier!

Saturday-
I was able to go down to the Bumby West area on and exchange with
Elder Horne, (a Creole Elder) for the day! It's just kind of awkward
as he is teaching a lesson and I am trying to follow along, but have
no idea what is going on. I did okay of being involved with the lesson
until he said, "Hi, AujunPierre. This is Elder Doman, he doesn't speak
Creole." It was still fun to hear a different language for most of the
day, and try to pick out a few words here and there!

Sunday-
Bob came to church and is doing well! Skyping my family was great. I
loved to get an update from each of them and to hear how they are
doing! I wasn't quite sure what to say, but it was nice to just see
familiar faces, and hear familiar voices. It was a lot of fun!

That was the weekly wrap-up from Orlando this week. I'm half way
through the transfer, and I'm thinking I probably have 3 more weeks in
Winter Park! I'm trying to utilize this time and make an impact. I
miss you guys, and pray for you daily. If there is anything you'd like
to hear more about, let me know and I'd be happy to we include it from
now on. A big thank you to all of those who are praying for me. I
couldn't do it without you!
Much Love,
Elder Doman

Mormon 9:6- O then ye unbelieving, turn ye unto the Lord; cry mightily unto the Father in the name of Jesus, that perhaps ye may be found spotless, pure, fair, and white, having been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb, at that great and last day.

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment