Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Back to Orlando and Waterford Lakes!! "I love it here!"




Saying goodbye to the Eustis house and Elder Chidester


Friends and Family,

WELCOME TO THE O-ZONE!! Man, it's been a good first week of the
transfer. It's been crazy meeting all of the new members,
investigators, less actives, and the hoodlums here in Waterford Lakes.
Okay, maybe not the hoodlums, this area is very nice and has some
awesome neighborhoods. Out of my whole mission, this place feels the
most like a Utah neighborhood. I love it here! Also, my companion
Elder Terry is a stud. This kid is so funny. He went to Stansbury High
School (DHHS know them pretty well) so we had a lot to talk about!
Maybe he didn't like it so much, but it was fun to talk some football
with him. He went to BYU for a year before his mission and he goes
home next transfer! Only 11 more weeks for this guy. But I can't wait
to talk about the week, so here we go! The week kind of felt like it
went by as fast as Hussain Bolt running the 100 yard dash. REAL QUICK!
I'll just go through the major things that took place, and that I can
remember!

One of the bigger things that took place this week was ZTM! The whole
zone got together for a big monthly meeting we trained at. I have a
couple of really close friends that I've made on my mission, so I was
grateful to see them there. Elder Rindlisbacher who I served around
while I was in Daytona is now in the zone and we’ll be friends for life
after these 2 years. Great to see this guy though.

Our investigators we are working with right now are awesome! So here
is a little info on them!
We are working with this awesome family. The mom (Bibi) is from
England and she's a member. Her son Nicholas hasn't been baptized, and
his friend Chris who are both in 8th grade are taking the lessons! We
are trying to set a baptismal date with them this week! One cool thing
that happened is we showed up to an appointment about 10 mins early
and they were out playing catch with the football. We hopped in and we
able to play "Jackpot" with him and 5-6 of his friends. Good times,
good times.

Kenny. Kenny is so funny. He's this UPS driver, and works all the
time. He's from the Dominican Republic and he has the thickest accent.
We are pretty sure the dude is on steroids, but we haven't covered the
Word of Wisdom yet, so that's okay! Hahah his personality is like
this.
"Kenny, we missed you at church today!"
"Oh yeah, okay. I did miss church today."
"Yep church was today."
"Yeah, I missed it right?"
"...yeah"
"I'm sorry. I wasn't on the mood. But I know God wants me to be
baptized. So that's what is most important"
Hahahahha  We've met with him a couple of times this week and we just
laugh every time we see him.

Ivonne and her family are the best. Her kids Diego and Thaliea were
baptized last Saturday and she's soon to come! She just has to work
through a couple of things before it can happen, but she's so solid.
Her husband is a member so she has some good support there! She's 50
and is a Personal Trainer! Way cool.

We did a lot of personal finding this week. Knocking doors, talking to
random people, just the average awkward missionary stuff! However, we
saw a lot of cool things from it. To share one quick story, we tracted
into a girl named Mary. She was pretty set in her Atheist ways when
she first opened the door. She didn't really talk much to us but
allowed us to share what we wanted to. Once we talked about the Book
of Mormon being another set of scripture, she was all about it. Her
body language changed, the way she spoke changed, and just the overall
gloomy spirit of the conversation changed into something vibrant. For
some reason, something just clicked with her.  She said it made sense
and should be true. At the end of the lesson, she was walking back
into her home while reading from the Book of Mormon. Pretty powerful!

So this Sunday was pretty funny. There is about 10 minutes left in
Sacrament Meeting and the final speaker concludes his talk. That's the
first problem right there. Anyways, as the bishop gets up to the
pulpit, I just knew. I HAD A GUT FEELING AND EVERYTHING!!! "We have a
few minutes remaining in the meeting, and we have a new missionary in
the Ward. Elder Doman, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this
subject. The time is yours until the close of the meeting." Uhhh hahah
I started laughing and luckily things went alright! It was a good
experience!

Everything is good here in Waterford Lakes! I'm grateful for all of
the support and help I'm receiving. Thanks for the Birthday emails,
letters, and packages last week! You guys are the best! I've learned a
lot these past 20 months and I'm grateful for this chance I have to
serve! I'm excited for the next few! Have a great week!
Much Love,
Elder Doman

No comments:

Post a Comment