Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Moving on to Waterford Lakes!!!

The Leesburg Ballin' crew!!

Friends and Family,

"Elder Doman, your new companion is Elder Terry, in the Orlando Zone!
The Waterford Lakes area!"

I'm sad to say goodbye to the Metropolis, jam packed, good ol Eustis
area and the Leesburg Zone. I've met a ton of incredible, fun, and
happy people out here and I'll always remember it. I've grown a lot
and learned more about myself here than in any other area. I'm
grateful to have the chance to be here.
It will be hard to leave my good feller Elder Chidester. This kid is a
stud and I've learned a lot from him. I feel like I say about the same
things every time I've been transferred, but it's not fake, I promise.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have picked any other area to go to than
this. It's only about 10 miles away from my old area, Winter Park, and
I love it around there. My companion Elder Terry, is a stud and we've
been good friends for a while. I'm excited to go back to the O-Zone,
and for the future!

I don't have too much time today because of the "Hectic Monday" before
"Transfer Tuesday" So here comes the highlight reel for my birthweek!
I
We had MLC Thursday and it was a blast. It's always something I'm
looking forward to. Catching up with bros from the mish, and learning
about what the mission will be focusing on the next few months.
A BIG THANK YOU!!!!! To all those who send me a birthday email or
letter. It was a great birthday! I can't believe I'm the big 20 now.
We were on exchanges for my bday but they still took me out to lunch.
I was with another good friend of mine Elder Stiggens, and he treated
me like a king because of my b day. He finishes up his mish tomorrow,
so special shout out to my man elder Stiggs.

Sherry: Well, it was a tough week for Sherry. She talked with her
husband and ended up decided not to be baptized. Heartbreaking... She
was so solid and committed to it. It's hard because she knows it's
true and that she needs to be baptized, but just not ready to make the
changes necessary.

Something cool that happened this week is that we had a media referral
from a man named Tom Herter. Even better, he requested a Book of
Mormon and not a Bible. We called him and he asked to meet him up at
the local mortuary... Uhhhhhh... Okay? So we go and meet him and it
ends up he used to be the Vice President of the NFL Players
Association! As he got older, he bought out the semi pro football team
in Daytona Beach and was the manager. He has been around the block a
few times, and is now just an owner of a Mortuary. Pretty crazy right?
He wasn't down after we talked with him about the Book of Mormon, but
it was still a cool experience!


Sorry this email was pretty scattered, but I tried to fit in as much
as possible. Thanks again for all of the birthday wishes and emails. I
loved it! Transfers are crazy, just like life, but one thing will
always remain the same. The church is still true, always. That will
never change. I'm grateful for the testimony I've received on my
mission and wouldn't change it for the world.
Much love!
-Elder Doman

The recent convert back in Winter Park, Rick Roman drove us on
exchanges! It was a tender mercy to see him again! He is good friends
with Elder Stiggens and wanted to give him a ride for his last
exchange




No comments:

Post a Comment