Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Stomach flu and allergic reaction to cat hair, but lots of success too!

Friends and Family,

What's up everybody!? It's another great day down here in Waterford
Lakes! Elder Terry and I are happy, energized, and loving the work! We
saw a lot of really great things happen here in the week and are
looking forward for this week to come! The sun is definitely shining
today with not too many clouds in the sky so it's destine to be a good
day! When the sun is shining, people are happier, and it makes all the
difference in the world! That was kind of random, but we are riding on
good vibes today!

The week started off a little rough with Elder Terry feeling like
someone took a cheese grader to his throat, so we decided to let that
feller rest and recover while the rest of the Zone went to do some
service for United Against Poverty! I put my Tetris skills to test
while E. Terry was sleeping and decided to organize the apartment! It
was nice to freshen everything up and get organized. Plus you know
what they say, with a clean apartment comes.... Yeah I can't really
think of anything clever right now, so.... I cleaned the apartment
while Terry was sleeping.
When he started to get feeling better in the evening we went and saw
our investigators Nick and Chris! These guys are awesome to teach, and
I love seeing them. Nicholas is 12 and his friend Chris is 15. They
live in the same neighborhood, and Nicks mom and older brother are
both members. Prior to this week, we were contemplating how much
desire they actually had to be baptized. We read through 3 Nephi 31
with them and it changed everything! Nick said, "oh man, I really need
to be baptized, huh?" It's a pretty simple quote, but it speaks for
itself! We walked away from the lesson knowing they felt the spirit
and have strong desire to move forward! We set a date for baptism for
March 26th! Things are looking good for it too!

Wednesdeey:
District Meeting, lunch, stopping by and reaching out to Less-Active
members, and some miracles! I don't have too much time to email, but
I'll make sure to give the best highlights of the week!
I've talked a little bit about our "Gator" (Investigstor) named David
whose dad is a member of the church! He's 16 years old and has a
baptismal date for the 30th of April! Woooo! The date is a little bit
further out, but we we're confident he'll reach it! We reviewed a
couple of commandments with him. It's always a little bit scary moving
forward into teaching the commandments with investigators because it
requires a change of lifestyle to take place, and I've come to learn
that a lot of people don't like change!! In this lesson, we really
tried to help him understand that commandments aren't restrictions,
but rather they are given to us as a way for Heavenly Father to bless
us! ^^^^ definitely something I've learned on my mission!

Thursday we were on Exchanges! I went to an area where we biked around
and talked to so many people for most of the day! We had a couple of
solid lessons in the evening, and that was nice! It was fun to get my
tan on though biking around!

Friday was good ol weekly planning! Afterwards, we went and helped out
the Vega family that we've been working with since I arrived here in
WL pack up the U-Haul and move! The whole family has recently
converted to the church, other than the Mom who was going to have her
baptismal interview next week! It was sad to see them go, but there
wasn't anything we could really do about it! We ate dinner Friday
night with a family in the ward named the Hawkes! They invited a
nonmember to join and it was awesome. We taught him the restoration,
and he was so down to learn more! Way cool.
Friday night we had an exchange planned with the Assistants! Elder
Johnson went to Alta High School and was good friends with my Boi
Elder Crismon! It was fun to share some cool stories and talk for a
little bit. Well for most of the night, I wasn't feeling very good at
all and had a major stomach ache! It was about 11:30 when I ran to the
bathroom and puked my brains out. It happened again at 2:30, and then
once again at 4 and I was convinced there was nothing left in me!
Elder Johnson gave me a blessing and then I slept like a baby for the
next couple of hours. I felt a little bit better on Saturday and we
decided to go out and teach some peeps!
I found out Saturday I have a slight allergy to cat hair... A lady
invited is in who literally had 13 cats running around her home. She
asked us if we could clean out the filter to her vacuum for her
because she didn't know how too. (She had been around the block a time
or two...) well, it was filled with cat hair! Hahah ahh after cleaning
it out my that felt really itchy and I was coughing up a storm! I felt
like I was going to die with my upset stomach and my throat was
swelling up! Anyways, I survived and we ended up having a great day!
Pretty random, but still saw some miracles!

Sunday we had a lot of investigators come to church!! We were as busy
as a bear hibernating for the winter time! Other than that we weren't
really like a bear, I just feel they'd be really busy preparing for
the winter season! Pretty fun stuff!

Well we only live about 15 minutes from UCF so we decided to go drive
around the campus today for P-Day! Our car happened to not be sounded
too good right by the football stadium.... So we decided to hop out
and take a walk around it! It was awesome. It made me pretty excited
to get back into football! Here are some pictures below! I'll send
another email just of pictures of this week!

Another week in the books, chalk one up on the chalkboard, however you
want to say it, it was another great week in the mission field. I'm
happy and enjoying this time I have to serve! I have a great companion
and am learning what it truly means to become a disciple of Jesus
Christ. Thanks for the support that I receive weekly! Ya'll are the
best.

- Elder Doman

D&C 101:36
"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is
not full, but in me your joy is full."

I had to laugh when Brock sent me his brackets!  hahahaha.  That would be hard to fill out since he hasn't seen one game all year!











No comments:

Post a Comment