Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Brock's most successful teaching week so far!


Brock told me today that tomorrow he has to give a talk to 100 missionaries as well as his mission president and wife at a tri-zone conference, he’s very nervous about it.  I’m sure he’ll do a great job!  He also said that this past week was probably his most successful one as far as teaching the gospel.  He taught more people this week than any other on his mission.  That was pretty good to hear.  He’s working so hard, it’s so good to see him be successful.

Friends and Family,

We've had a really good week here in Daytona Beach! The work is
beginning to pick up in the DeLand Zone, and we are pumped to see the
results come into play. Elder Crismon and I have been having a great
time! We have been blessed with a lot of new brothers and sisters to
talk to about the restored gospel! They have been growing in the
gospel slowly but surely (hence the subject line.) it's fun to see as
missionaries the small daily growth happening, but it's also hard not
to want them to do more and progress faster and faster!

So this week we tried to recognize the Lord's hand in the small and
simple tasks done each day. By doing this, there were a lot of times
when we both took a step back for a minute, and saw so many different
blessings. One of them in particular was with the Returning Member
Billy I've talked about. We have worked with him for a little over a
month now and this last weekend he bore his testimony for the first
time in 12 years. Pretty inspirational. Billy said, "I've been both in
the Gospel, and out of it. And I can promise you brothers and sisters
my life has never been better when I am 100% devoted to the gospel."
What an awesome miracle.

Our investigator Brandi told us that she might be moving towards the
end of the month so that was a little bit rough to hear because of how
solid she is. She wants to be baptized in this Ward before she moves,
but we will see what happens! The Lawhorn family of 15 is doing okay,
their kids are excited and ready to come to church, we are just
working on the leaders of the home now. It's basically like teaching a
beehive with all the kids running everywhere. It's pretty crazy, but
we're just focusing on the baby steps of the gospel for now!

Elder Crismon and I are having a blast serving together. We've really
tried to have a good time and laugh a lot! I don't think I've laughed
this much my whole mission! I'm trying to convince him to come down to
Dixie State and walk on to the Football team, but I guess we can say
it's a work in progress.

This week has been a little crazy! We've been really busy with helping
out other missionaries, preparing trainings for Zone Conference this
upcoming week, and making sure our area up is up to par. I have to say
this has been the most successful week of my mission and it's come
from serving others. I've definitely learned and have a strong
testimony of when we serve others, Heavenly Father will bless us in
return. This week in particular we saw an awesome example of this. We
went and did a blitz for an area in the mission after a district
meeting. We spend a lot of time finding in that area to help it see
some growth. It was a hot humid day and we weren't loving it. After
persevering the heat and feeling somewhat accomplished, we decided to
head back to Daytona Beach. On the way back, we stopped at a gas
station to fill up and we talked with a guy that looked just like Will
Ferrel. We were both trying so hard not to laugh when talking to him,
but he ended up being genuinely interested in the gospel! We referred
him to the area and we hope to hear about it soon! Little miracles
that that definitely keep me going.

Well, September is here and we are somehow approaching the fall
season. I love this time of year where we can have a solid "run" and
"kickoff" the last bit of the year well! Thanks again for all the
support and prayers sent out here to the F.O.M!
Much Love,
-Elder Doman

 
They were pretty excited to find Utah Road!!!















D&C 127:2
And as for the perils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was ordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God knoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it.


No comments:

Post a Comment