Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, August 31, 2015

New companion, Elder Crismon-I couldn't be happier!

I was worried about Brock this week because Hurricane Erika was headed to Florida.  I was very thankful when I got this picture from Brock: 

and then this text from “Grandpa” on Saturday, it definitely eased my mind!


In Brock’s email to me today he told me had a few problems with his shoes!  Dang it, it’s only been since Christmas.  It’s time like this when I am so thankful that he’s in the states.  I just transferred money to his account and he was able to go shopping and buy shoes today!




It's obvious from his letter that Brock is thrilled with his new companion!  I went to high school with his dad, crazy huh?  It's going to be another sweet 6 weeks in Daytona!


"Elder Doman serving in Daytona Beach, your new companion is Elder
Crismon" was the word on Tuesday Morning. I'm so excited to have at
least 6 weeks with serving here with Elder Crismon. I've known elder
Crismon before in the mission and talked with him a lot. We have a lot
in common and are getting along really well. We have a lot of
connections that go back prior to the mission and we are great
friends! We've stayed up talking about life in general until about 1
am every night of the week. It's safe to say we are looking forward to
this transfer.



This week we have met with our investigator named Brandi a couple of
times this week, and she's doing great! She moved in from Oregon a few
weeks ago and referred herself online! She now has a baptismal date
and is loving the Book of Mormon. She has a pretty crazy background
and is witnessing the change taking place in her life. It's so cool to
see the gospel change individuals, and their family around them.

My recent Leona Jackson is doing fantastic! She is one of the funniest
people I know!
We received a text from her this morning and she told us that she's
going to be the best missionary the world has ever known. She's so
ready for a calling in the church. She met with the Bishop this week
and requested to be the Gospel Principles teacher! She's such a solid
Recent Convert!

We had a crazy weekend here in the DeLand Zone! We were privileged to
have Elder Tony Parker an Area 70 come and preside at our Stake
Conference. It was insane. He basically told every member they need to
do a better job of member missionary work. He threw down on the
members. He was a convert to the church and I guess we can say he had
some "soul power" when he talked. Anyways, Saturday night we had 4
companions in the zone that didn't report "in and safe" before 10:30.
After 25 minutes of trying to reach the companionships, Elder Crismon
and I had to go on a search and rescue mission to go check up after
them. It was memory as elder Crismon and I driving through the pouring
rain at 11 pm. It ends up that their cell phone connection was just
bad because of the weather, and they too were trying to call or send a
message. Luckily, Hurricane Erika isn't hitting us today and we made
it out safe and sound.

We are working a lot with the Zone trying to help them have an
internal change. When we set Zone Goals for key indicators some weeks,
the zone does great and excels. When we are not on them and setting a
high bar for them, they fall right back into complacency. We are
hoping to help the missionaries have this change this transfer. I'm
having lot of fun, and learning a lot about myself. I can see the
continual change happening within myself. Thank you all for the
support I'm receiving! I love and miss ya. Keep the faith!

Godspeed,

-Elder Doman


Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment