Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Hanging out in Eustis, Florida with Elder Stewart!

Brock had a really hard time saying goodbye to his friends in Daytona, he's really going to miss it there.  His new area is completely different, it's going to take some adapting, but I think he'll be okay.

Here's some pictures of his last day with Daytona "Grandpa."  They were really close.  Not only will Brock miss his trips to Costco and his dinners at the Daytona overlook with Grandpa, he'll also miss just hanging out with him.





















Friends and Family!

Hello... Leesburger Zone!!!!! (It's actually just Leesburg) but it
will be my new home for the next little bit! I'm in the Eustis
(you-stis) Ward, and it's in the middle of no where... It kind of
reminds me of the gap between Filmore and beaver Utah. Pretty empty!
The city of Eustis itself is pretty classy, but other than that, I'll
"cowboy up" and enjoy my time out here! My new companion is Elder
Stewart. This is his last transfer in the mission, and he is from
Cedar City, Utah. He's a great elder and I'm excited to work with him.
Crazy story alert... So Elder Stewart served in the Eustis Ward 6
weeks ago, he then got transferred and a new elder came in. This past
transfer, one of the previous elders serving in the Ward finished up
his mission, and the other one needed to be transferred! So when we
both came in to the area this week, neither of us have been here for
the past 6 weeks, and we were not totally sure of what is going on.
It's pretty intense!

It was really tough to say goodbye to Daytona Beach and all of the
missionaries out in DeLand. I love that place!! It was hard to leave
and say goodbye to my new friend Elder Crismon. I really learned to
love him and will be good friends for a long time!!

But.... On to new and different things!!! This week has been all over
the place! We started off on Tuesday after transfer meeting finding
out where everything was and what has been going on in the Zone. There
is a member named Brother Reising and he is kind of like "Grandpa" in
Daytona Beach. He comes out with us a lot, and always offers his help
for us. GREAT GUY! (See pictures below)
Brock, Elder Steward, and Brother Reising-the Eusis Grandpa

Wednesday we got all settled in. We met some members of the Ward, and
some of our investigators and less actives. There is this funny guy
named Eddie played football for Wisconsin. Let's just say we get a
long great. If you've ever seen the show "the green mile" he looks
just like that guy. HE IS GIANT!!
We also met a couple who has planned to get married the last week in
November then to be followed up with baptism!! Wahoo!! They are
awesome.

Thursday we had a ZTM. Let tell ya that planning a big meeting like
that in just a day was very stressful. Working with a new companion, a
new zone, and new places was definitely a struggle. I've decided it's
10x harder to be transferred once you have responsibilities over a
zone. ZTM went really well though! It was about always finding, and
how there are many different ways to find. This is like my favorite
topic! Preach My Gospel says... "Nothing happens in missionary work
until we find people to teach!" And I couldn't agree more!

Friday we went and did some service for a lady named sister Santana.
She's from the Islands! She is the craziest lady I've ever met. She
Sister Santana
says some of the funnies things in the world. We were helping her cut
down the branches of her trees using her "lucky machete" hahah we were
loving it. We were super sweaty and hot, but she rewarded us with some
Ichiban!! And I love Ichiban. We had a meeting right after we were
finished up with lunch, and our plan was to go and help cut down her
plants and clean up her backyard and just not get too sweaty... Yeah
it didn't really work out. We somehow forgot that Florida is like a
sauna and we sweat to death! I felt like a furry mouse running around
in a wool sock! We were just really sweaty during our meeting to say
the least.

















The rest of the week consisted with, Elder Stewart and I saving a
turtle crossing the middle of the street, fixing a ladies chicken
coop, and good laughs out here in the middle of no where! Thanks so
much for all the letters and emails! I love and miss you guys! I know
I'm where I need to be right now because I feel so close to my savior
Jesus Christ. I joke around a lot, but all in all, my testimony has
never been stronger. I'm learning how to love and appreciate the small
and simple things in life. I'm living simply so others can simply
live. Hope everyone has a great week!!
With Love,
-Elder Doman

"If for awhile the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart.
So it has been with the best people who ever lived."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Joke of the week:
Q: why did the chicken go to church?
A: to get to the other side!



No comments:

Post a Comment