Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Sadly, it's time to leave Daytona...

Brock sure is unhappy about leaving Daytona.  Not only because he loves it there, but also because he’s been working his butt off getting the zone motivated and pumped and working hard and now he has to leave it all.  He also loves his companion, Elder Crismon, and they’ve only been together for 6 weeks. He’s pretty down in the dumps about things.  Hopefully he’ll be transferred to an area that he wants to go and that he’ll have another sweet companion that he gets along with.  Being a missionary is definitely not all fun and games, it’s really hard work too.  Brock said he’ll let me know by a picture tomorrow where he’s being transferred to, I can’t wait to hear!!!


Friends and Family,

Well, unfortunately my time is up here in Daytona Beach. I'm pretty
sure it has gotten harder and harder to say goodbye each time I've
left an area. Saying goodbye to good friends, converts, and other
missionaries through out the zone has been one of the hardest things
on my mission. To be honest, I don't like it at all. I'd be content
with staying in one Ward my whole mission! It will be tough to say
goodbye to Elder Crismon and get a new companion tomorrow.  We've
worked really well together and will forever be brothers. We are both
a little frustrated to only be serving together for a 6 week time
period. I guess we just need to have some more faith in the saying,
"I'll go where you want me to go." Anyway, complaining is useless so I
might as well stop. I'm sad to leave, but I'm anxious to see where
I'll be headed tomorrow!

The members here in the Daytona Beach Ward are just great. I was given
some pretty sweet departing gifts from my best buds here in the Ward.
They breed the people out here in Daytona just a little bit
differently, and I think that's why I liked it. Some pictures of a few
going away gifts are inserted at the bottom of this email! It's hard
to see what I'm holding in my hand in one of the pictures, but it is
an America knife. The handle is the head of a Bald Eagle, and it the
actual blade of the knife turns into the Eagles wings. Hahahha so
sick!! 'MERICA! Bang bang! If you really know ,e, you know I'm
cracking up at this stuff




We had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) this Thursday and it honestly
is the the best meeting in the mission. All of the Zone Leaders,
Assistsnts, and President and Sister Berry are there. We receive
trainings on what should be taught and how to move the needle forward
throughout the Mission. There is basically the little "MLC clique"
that my closest friends and sit by at all the big meetings. I've made
so many good friends out here it's unreal. I feel like I've known some
of these Elders my whole life!

We had some pretty sweet miracles happen this week. This one
definitely trumps the others by far. During weekly planning, we were
working through the 13 different planning steps and we're definitely
feeling the grogginess of the mid afternoon start to hit us. We were
looking through our notes, and came across the name of Brandie. If you
remember Brandie, she was going to be baptized the 27th but was
supposed to move up to New York a few weeks ago. We called her because
we hadn't heard anything from her, or if she'd been in contact with
any missionaries. It ends up she didn't move to New York because she
had some serious bronchitis! She made her way to the hospital where
they requested for her to stay in town until she feels like she's
getting better. She told us she's getting a little bit better, and she
took the sickness as a sign from God to be baptized here in Daytona.
HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!  It's awesome how the Lord works.

Another great thing that happened this week here in Daytona Beach was
the less active brother we found last week named Brother Spurlin (the
family with the Sugar Gliders) came to the Priesthood Session of
General Conference. Afterwards, he said he hasn't felt that good in 3
years (the time he's been away from the church.) he said, "he just
feels as if he was at home."

General Conference was awesome this weekend. I loved the words said by
the Prophets and Apostles. 3 years ago, I never would have been able
to sit through and listen intently to 10 hours of conference. The
Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed me. I recognized it when my
Watching conference with "Grandpa"
thoughts were drawn to those testifying of the savior on a Saturday
afternoon in October, rather than 'where is College Football Game Day
taking place'. Vonn G Keetch this weekend said, "The gospel of Jesus
Christ is the plan that God has made for us to become the individual
he knows we are capable of becoming. " I've learned and now understand
the importance of a Modern Day Prophet. I can feel that this church of
Jesus Christ is the one true church. The Church that holds the keys of
the Priesthood of God, the church that hold the book that will bring
you closer to God than any other book, and the church where Jesus
Christ is the cornerstone, and head of this entire foundation. I'm
grateful for this knowledge and testimony I've gained on my mission!

Today we are having all the Elders in the Zone Come up to the Daytona
Beach chapel for a basketball tournament! It's going to be a blast!
There will be 14 Elders in it and we are just pumped.

Thanks so much for all the support and help I've received on my
mission. I couldn't do it with out you all. I love and miss each of
you! Have a great week!


- Elder Doman

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes from this weekends conference!

Kim B Clark
- "We do not have to be perfect. But we have to be good at getting better!

David A Bednar
- "adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing."


-Elder Doman

No comments:

Post a Comment