Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Brock's First Letters Home

June 18th
Dear Family,

The MTC was and still is crazy! But first of all I already miss you guys! The second the plane took off I was missing you. But I am loving the MTC. It is so big! I've already been lost 4 times and I've been here 9 hours.. oh well. One of the Elders in my dorm/district is going to play football at the U! His name is Elder Potoau.. it sounds like poo-too-ow. HAA! Me and him are getting along very well. I am currently writing you in my room, and across the hall the other Elders in different missions are in the shower singing High School Musical Songs. I'll fit right in! This whole thing is crazy, but I finally have realized I am a missionary of the only true church on earth, and that alone is amazing! I'm super busy but I love and miss you guys! I can't email but I'll write as much as I can! Much love!

Elder Doman

June 19th
Doman Family,

Today I was called to be a zone leader! Me and my companion (Elder Richards) are zone leaders. We are in charge of our zone and making sure everything is okay. I'm not sure but I think there are 4 districts (that consist of 6 people) in each zone. Confusing right? I still don't really know what I'm doing.
My companion, Elder Richards, is 4 ft 10 inches, and weighs 145.. awkward! Besides the fact that he goes up to my belly button, we get along very well. He's from Pennsylvania, he is in a Blue Grass Band with his family that consists of 14 children.. awesome.. he's a great kid though.
It's hard not to constantly think of home and what you guys are doing.. I miss playing hearts and being around you guys. Tell my friends I miss them like crazy. Will you go into my email and say I cannot email while I am in the MTC? Thanks!
The day has been jam packed and I've spent 14 hours in a classroom today and surprisingly I love it!
The first night wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.. it was still very hard, but I made it. Around 4 in the afternoon I started to get homesick but immediately after we were able to take a break which helped a lot..
I'm super busy, I have to read 20 pages in "Preach My Gospel," read the Book of Mormon, and meet with my companion for a lesson plan.
I love you guys so much and miss you more than you think. I'll write again as soon as I get the chance! The church is true! Much love!

Elder Doman

No comments:

Post a Comment