Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, July 7, 2014

One week in Florida



7/7/14

Wow!!

What an amazing week it has been! It was very hard for me to leave the MTC because I felt like I was finally just getting settled in and feeling comfortable. But sometimes you need to do hard things right? I was able to see a good friend Elder Thompson a couple of times there and it helped to see a familiar face. Overall, I really enjoyed the MTC!

I have now been in Florida for a week and have very mixed feelings about it. It is super hot, humid, sweaty, humid, rainy, humid, and even more HUMID. But I love it! well learning to anyway. I'm in an area called "Palm Bay" you can look it up on google maps or something to see what it's like! The area reminds me of the Movie "The Blind Side" when they go and buy him new clothes. It's not the nicest area, but its still pretty great! The people here are fantastic and really friendly. But once a day I have been cussed out and yelled at. I think it is hilarious. Some people are spazzes. I also have been able to see some families that truly  "have nothing." Please be grateful for you family, neighborhood, and anything else that keeps you motivated and happy.

Me and my first companion Elder Willard and getting along great! He's from Washington and is doing a great job as a trainer. We are really starting to connect!

The first night I arrived I went to teach a lesson.... let me tell ya, I was almost as nervous for that then when I was getting ready for the State Championship game this year. I started to doubt myself before knocking on the door and thinking to myself, "Can I really change someone's life? Can I really teach someone about my religion?" But I continued and knocked on the door. It is amazing to see what happens when you trust the Lord to be with you and guide. you. I was able to teach the lesson and was able to feel the spirit so strongly. It was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever felt. I'll post a picture of the family at the bottom of this email.

The following day we taught an old lady named "Kathy" and my goal was to invite her to be baptized! So the lesson went on and I ended up asking her the question we need to have memorized, "Kathy, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God?" she said yes and I was just so relieved and happy! I had the biggest smile on my face.

Well time is running out, I only have an hour of email time, but know that I miss, love, and care about all of you! Thanks for the emails. Much love,

Elder Doman


And some things he told Abby, Britt, and I in our letters:

"I will never forget this week.  This is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.  But this week has also been one of the most amazing weeks too.  I'm learning more about the gospel and just how PERFECT it is.  Wow.  Words can't even describe it."

"The first day we were here we biked almost 25 miles....awesome!  I'm definitely getting in better shape and loving it.  It's super hot so I have major tacos and back sweat, which isn't a bad thing because then the investigators give us water and food, so it works out."










No comments:

Post a Comment