Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21st, 2014

July 21st

Friends and Family!

Time is flying by here on my mission!! I'm absolutely loving it! Some days I feel like I never want to go home! There are definitely hard times, but I know that my Savior Jesus Christ is with me every step of the way! One of the members had the story "Footprints in the Sand" hanging up in his home and it really made me so grateful for all of the experiences I am having! If you haven't read it, I suggest looking it up!

We are still seeing a lot of success! We taught our investigator Pam the word of wisdom and tithing Monday night and she willingly gave up her coffee, drinking, smoking, and she agreed to pay tithing! It has now been one week and she is still clean! She said, "There is no way I would have been able to do this without the help of my Lord, Jesus Christ. I love the power of prayer. I don't even want to drink beer, or coffee anymore. I've been trying to get off for 2 years and haven't been able to until you guys asked if I'd pray to Heavenly Father for the strength." Wow. What an experience right?? August 2nd will be an awesome day for her! We had to move back our other investigators date because she hasn't been to church yet!

We were able to attend the Orlando temple this Friday! The temple is so incredible and there is such a great feeling while you are there! It was nice to be able to go and take my mind off of the missionary work and to relax and feel the spirit so strongly.

So the most common question I'm getting from loved ones back home is what is your day-to-day life like? and that's really hard to answer because everyday is different! But I'll try. We wake up at 6:30, work out, and prepare for the day until 8. We then have 3 hours of study with our companion, preparing lessons and where we are going to try to contact people. We are out and about teaching lessons, biking, drinking gallons of water, and sweating to death until about 9:15. We then start to plan a little bit for tomorrow and try to be in bed by 10! That's really brief and so much happens in between but it really just depends on the day!

I posted some pictures with this and hope you can see them!

I miss you guys, but I know that this is where I am supposed to be.
Much love,
Elder Doman







No comments:

Post a Comment