Our intent of this blog is to share Brock's adventures in Orlando, Florida while he's on his LDS mission. Hopefully, by reading about how Brock is changing the lives of so many, and seeing Brock's own personal growth in the gospel, the people reading this blog will also be able to feel the spirit and be inspired to strengthen or develop their own testimonies of Christ and the LDS church.

Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14th

Friends and Family!

 I had the longest, busiest, most exciting week of my life! I woke up Tuesday morning and "Pam" one of our investigators texted us saying "I really enjoyed the spirit that was brought with you guys to our last lesson. I thought about it and want that spirit in my life constantly. I want to be baptized and to become a member of your church." It was the craziest thing. So we now have 2 members with dates to be baptized! Super stoked! The dates are both Aug. 2nd and we are hoping they pull through with their commitments. It’s getting very crazy.

 Most of you that are emailing me are wanting to know more about the people here. So, most houses are one story, and all smell like smoke and beer. Florida has two #1's, they have the most lightning in the world, and also are the #1 state with the most alcohol purchased. ,So the Word of Wisdom will be huge for the people of Orlando.

 We are teaching a young boy named Jacory. Jacory is a 14-year-old boy and lives with his sisters ex-boyfriend. His parents left him when he was 8. He has worn the same outfit for the 4 lessons we have taught him. He sleeps on the floor in the "Living Room." he has nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except for the gospel of Jesus Christ. We told him he has a loving Heavenly Father and he can talk to him whenever he wants. Jacory was so amazed, he started crying because he can actually talk to his "Dad" that loves and cares for him. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had.
I don't have any more time, but know that The gospel of Jesus Christ is so perfect. I love it so much. I now don't know what I'd do without it. I love you guys and miss you all!
I'll upload pictures next week!

Much Love,

Elder Doman

I had also asked Brock lots of questions in my last email, and he answered them to me in my letter this week, I'll add some of it to this post:

-My bike is awesome, it works great!
-P-day is actually the worst day.   So, we go shopping, clean the house, and play volleyball.  P-day only lasts from 10 am -6 pm.  pretty lame.
-Most of the day we spend biking to to houses.  We hardly ever just go around knocking on doors.  We still have to teach a lot of members and just share a quick thought with them.  Also, we are trying to activate any less active members in the ward.  Most of the day is spent teaching our investigators the 5 lessons.  It's crazy!
-I would love even more ties, but we're allowed skinny ties and I want more of those.
-The best place to send a gift card for is Walmart.  We go shopping there every Monday for food.  We are on a $140 budget for the month.  They count on the members in the ward to feed us, but it never happens. I think we have 9 meals this month, the rest is up to us.
-I will get a Facebook page set up on Friday, along with an iPad.  It will be used for teaching.
-The people here are so insane, soooooooo crazy.  They are all smokers and drinkers.  However, most of them are very nice.
-I'm bored about 60% of the time
-Sunday is actually my busiest day.  Our investigators come to church so that is stressful for us.  We always hope the speakers don't say anything crazy.  Then we go around knocking on doors. They want us to go on Sunday because most families are home then.  Sundays are the longest days.
-We only get to go the temple twice a year.  I wish it was more.  But we get to go this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment